Hey there! I’m Emily, a 21 year old part-time Instagrammer and full time college junior just trying to find some time to read for fun. I am an English Major and Studio Art minor at Denison University (they love when I name drop them..) and will most likely pursue a masters in literary studies afterwards. I have no idea what I want to study specifically yet, but I have been considering 20th century modern fiction. I love reading all genres and sub-categories, but recently I’ve been mostly interested in general literary fiction and memoirs. I’m also always down to read a graphic novel. At the beginning of my Internet career, I primarily read young adult books, and while I don’t read nearly as many of them as I once did, I’ll dip back in once in a while.
My Instagram account, @blueeyedbiblio, has over 110k followers and has made my life pretty interesting. In March of 2015, an employee from Instagram emailed me asking if he could interview me for Instagram’s blog–apparently a lot of people at Instagram knew of my account and really liked it. I agreed, of course. About a week later, my interview was published on Instagram’s blog and on Instagram’s Instagram account which has an insane number of followers. That day, I think I gained around 30k followers. By the end of the week, I had 80k; before all of this, I had just hit 6,000. A month later I hit 100k. I’ve gotten to do a lot of cool things because of my Instagram account, like travel to Chicago for BEA and Texas for the North Texas Teen Book Festival. I’ve been able to work with major companies and publishing houses on advertising campaigns on my account. I am very grateful for all that I have experienced and learned in the last few years.
Here are a few links to some of the great things I’ve been able to do:
- Featured on Instagram blog
- Featured on Instagram’s Instagram account
- Wrote article for the Seventeen magazine website: 17 Books Every Girl Should Read Before She’s 17
- Wrote (another) article for the Seventeen magazine website: 10 Books to Read When You Need a Break from Schoolwork
- Named one of the Most Badass Teens of 2015 by Seventeen Magazine
- Featured on the Seventeen Magazine website
- Featured on Huffington Post
- Had my own listicle on Buzzfeed
- Quoted in a Vogue article
- Had my own spread in the Seventeen print magazine, October 2015 issue
- Interviewed on Stylecaster website
I am a very sporadic blogger, so thanks for sticking around!